Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) bone, os (rigid connective tissue that makes up the skeleton of vertebrates)
- S: (n) bone, osseous tissue (the porous calcified substance from which bones are made)
- S: (n) bone, ivory, pearl, off-white (a shade of white the color of bleached bones)
- S: (v) cram, grind away, drum, bone up, swot, get up, mug up, swot up, bone (study intensively, as before an exam) "I had to bone up on my Latin verbs before the final exam"
- S: (v) bone, debone (remove the bones from) "bone the turkey before roasting it"
- S: (adj) bone (consisting of or made up of bone) "a bony substance"; "the bony framework of the body"