Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) body, organic structure (the entire physical structure of an organism (an animal, plant, or human being)) "he felt as if his whole body were on fire"
- S: (n) body (a group of persons associated by some common tie or occupation and regarded as an entity) "the whole body filed out of the auditorium"; "the student body"; "administrative body"
- S: (n) body, dead body (a natural object consisting of a dead animal or person) "they found the body in the lake"
- S: (n) body (an individual 3-dimensional object that has mass and that is distinguishable from other objects) "heavenly body"
- S: (n) torso, trunk, body (the body excluding the head and neck and limbs) "they moved their arms and legs and bodies"
- S: (n) body (a collection of particulars considered as a system) "a body of law"; "a body of doctrine"; "a body of precedents"
- S: (n) consistency, consistence, substance, body (the property of holding together and retaining its shape) "wool has more body than rayon"; "when the dough has enough consistency it is ready to bake"
- S: (n) body (the central message of a communication) "the body of the message was short"
- S: (n) body (the main mass of a thing)
- S: (n) soundbox, body (a resonating chamber in a musical instrument (as the body of a violin))
- S: (n) body (the external structure of a vehicle) "the body of the car was badly rusted"