Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) explode, detonate, blow up, set off (cause to burst with a violent release of energy) "We exploded the nuclear bomb"
- S: (v) blow up, enlarge, magnify (make large) "blow up an image"
- S: (v) flip one's lid, blow up, throw a fit, hit the roof, hit the ceiling, have kittens, have a fit, combust, blow one's stack, fly off the handle, flip one's wig, lose one's temper, blow a fuse, go ballistic (get very angry and fly into a rage) "The professor combusted when the student didn't know the answer to a very elementary question"; "Spam makes me go ballistic"
- S: (v) embroider, pad, lard, embellish, aggrandize, aggrandise, blow up, dramatize, dramatise (add details to)
- S: (v) detonate, explode, blow up (burst and release energy as through a violent chemical or physical reaction) "the bomb detonated at noon"; "The Molotov cocktail exploded"
- S: (v) inflate, blow up, expand, amplify (exaggerate or make bigger) "The charges were inflated"
- S: (v) inflate, blow up (fill with gas or air) "inflate a balloons"
- S: (v) puff, puff up, blow up, puff out (to swell or cause to enlarge) "Her faced puffed up from the drugs"; "puffed out chests"