Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) blockade, encirclement (a war measure that isolates some area of importance to the enemy)
- S: (n) blockade (prevents access or progress)
- S: (v) obstruct, blockade, block, hinder, stymie, stymy, embarrass (hinder or prevent the progress or accomplishment of) "His brother blocked him at every turn"
- S: (v) barricade, block, blockade, stop, block off, block up, bar (render unsuitable for passage) "block the way"; "barricade the streets"; "stop the busy road"
- S: (v) blockade, block off (obstruct access to)
- S: (v) blockade, seal off (impose a blockade on)