Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) blend (an occurrence of thorough mixing)
- S: (n) blend, portmanteau word, portmanteau (a new word formed by joining two others and combining their meanings) "`smog' is a blend of `smoke' and `fog'"; "`motel' is a portmanteau word made by combining `motor' and `hotel'"; "`brunch' is a well-known portmanteau"
- S: (n) blend, blending (the act of blending components together thoroughly)
- S: (v) blend, intermix, immingle, intermingle (combine into one) "blend the nuts and raisins together"; "he blends in with the crowd"; "We don't intermingle much"
- S: (v) blend, go, blend in (blend or harmonize) "This flavor will blend with those in your dish"; "This sofa won't go with the chairs"
- S: (v) blend, flux, mix, conflate, commingle, immix, fuse, coalesce, meld, combine, merge (mix together different elements) "The colors blend well"