Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) shed blood, bleed, hemorrhage (lose blood from one's body)
- S: (v) bleed, leech, phlebotomize, phlebotomise (draw blood) "In the old days, doctors routinely bled patients as part of the treatment"
- S: (v) bleed (get or extort (money or other possessions) from someone) "They bled me dry--I have nothing left!"
- S: (v) run, bleed (be diffused) "These dyes and colors are guaranteed not to run"
- S: (v) bleed (drain of liquid or steam) "bleed the radiators"; "the mechanic bled the engine"