Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) belt (endless loop of flexible material between two rotating shafts or pulleys)
- S: (n) belt (a band to tie or buckle around the body (usually at the waist))
- S: (n) belt (an elongated region where a specific condition or characteristic is found) "a belt of high pressure"
- S: (n) knock, bash, bang, smash, belt (a vigorous blow) "the sudden knock floored him"; "he took a bash right in his face"; "he got a bang on the head"
- S: (n) swath, belt (a path or strip (as cut by one course of mowing))
- S: (n) belt, belt ammunition, belted ammunition (ammunition (usually of small caliber) loaded in flexible linked strips for use in a machine gun)
- S: (n) knock, belt, rap, whack, whang (the act of hitting vigorously) "he gave the table a whack"
- S: (v) belt out, belt (sing loudly and forcefully)
- S: (v) belt (deliver a blow to) "He belted his opponent"
- S: (v) belt (fasten with a belt) "belt your trousers"