Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) belong (be owned by; be in the possession of) "This book belongs to me"
- S: (v) belong (be suitable or acceptable) "This student somehow doesn't belong"
- S: (v) belong, go (be in the right place or situation) "Where do these books belong?"; "Let's put health care where it belongs--under the control of the government"; "Where do these books go?"
- S: (v) belong (be rightly classified in a class or category) "The whales belong among the mammals"
- S: (v) belong (be a member, adherent, inhabitant, etc. (of a group, organization, or place)) "They belong to the same political party"
- S: (v) belong to, belong (be a part or adjunct) "the uniform looks like it belonged to a museum collection"; "These pages don't belong"