Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) believe (accept as true; take to be true) "I believed his report"; "We didn't believe his stories from the War"; "She believes in spirits"
- S: (v) think, believe, consider, conceive (judge or regard; look upon; judge) "I think he is very smart"; "I believe her to be very smart"; "I think that he is her boyfriend"; "The racist conceives such people to be inferior"
- S: (v) believe, trust (be confident about something) "I believe that he will come back from the war"
- S: (v) believe (follow a credo; have a faith; be a believer) "When you hear his sermons, you will be able to believe, too"
- S: (v) believe (credit with veracity) "You cannot believe this man"; "Should we believe a publication like the National Enquirer?"