Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) radio beam, beam (a signal transmitted along a narrow path; guides airplane pilots in darkness or bad weather)
- S: (n) beam (long thick piece of wood or metal or concrete, etc., used in construction)
- S: (n) beam, ray, electron beam (a group of nearly parallel lines of electromagnetic radiation)
- S: (n) beam, beam of light, light beam, ray, ray of light, shaft, shaft of light, irradiation (a column of light (as from a beacon))
- S: (n) beam ((nautical) breadth amidships)
- S: (n) beam (the broad side of a ship) "they sighted land on the port beam"
- S: (n) balance beam, beam (a gymnastic apparatus used by women gymnasts)
- S: (v) beam (smile radiantly; express joy through one's facial expression)
- S: (v) shine, beam (emit light; be bright, as of the sun or a light) "The sun shone bright that day"; "The fire beamed on their faces"
- S: (v) beam (express with a beaming face or smile) "he beamed his approval"
- S: (v) air, send, broadcast, beam, transmit (broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television) "We cannot air this X-rated song"
- S: (v) glow, beam, radiate, shine (have a complexion with a strong bright color, such as red or pink) "Her face glowed when she came out of the sauna"
- S: (v) glow, beam, radiate, shine (experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion) "She was beaming with joy"; "Her face radiated with happiness"