Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) baseball swing, swing, cut (in baseball; a batter's attempt to hit a pitched ball) "he took a vicious cut at the ball"
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- S: (n) stroke, shot ((sports) the act of swinging or striking at a ball with a club or racket or bat or cue or hand) "it took two strokes to get out of the bunker"; "a good shot requires good balance and tempo"; "he left me an almost impossible shot"
- S: (n) maneuver, manoeuvre, play (a deliberate coordinated movement requiring dexterity and skill) "he made a great maneuver"; "the runner was out on a play by the shortstop"
- S: (n) motion, movement, move (the act of changing location from one place to another) "police controlled the motion of the crowd"; "the movement of people from the farms to the cities"; "his move put him directly in my path"
- S: (n) change (the action of changing something) "the change of government had no impact on the economy"; "his change on abortion cost him the election"
- S: (n) action (something done (usually as opposed to something said)) "there were stories of murders and other unnatural actions"