Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) backup (an accumulation caused by clogging or a stoppage) "a traffic backup on the main street"; "he discovered a backup in the toilet"
- S: (n) stand-in, substitute, relief, reliever, backup, backup man, fill-in (someone who takes the place of another (as when things get dangerous or difficult)) "the star had a stand-in for dangerous scenes"; "we need extra employees for summer fill-ins"
- S: (n) accompaniment, musical accompaniment, backup, support (a musical part (vocal or instrumental) that supports or provides background for other musical parts)
- S: (n) backup, computer backup ((computer science) a copy of a file or directory on a separate storage device) "he made a backup in case the original was accidentally damaged or erased"
- S: (n) backing, backup, championship, patronage (the act of providing approval and support) "his vigorous backing of the conservatives got him in trouble with progressives"