Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) absorb, assimilate, ingest, take in (take up mentally) "he absorbed the knowledge or beliefs of his tribe"
- S: (v) assimilate (become similar to one's environment) "Immigrants often want to assimilate quickly"
- S: (v) assimilate (make similar) "This country assimilates immigrants very quickly"
- S: (v) assimilate, imbibe (take (gas, light or heat) into a solution)
- S: (v) assimilate (become similar in sound) "The nasal assimilates to the following consonant"