Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) Ascension, Ascension Day, Ascension of the Lord ((Christianity) celebration of the Ascension of Christ into heaven; observed on the 40th day after Easter)
- S: (n) rise, rising, ascent, ascension (a movement upward) "they cheered the rise of the hot-air balloon"
- S: (n) Ascension, Ascension of Christ ((New Testament) the rising of the body of Jesus into heaven on the 40th day after his Resurrection)
- S: (n) ascension ((astronomy) the rising of a star above the horizon)
- S: (n) rise, ascent, ascension, ascending (the act of changing location in an upward direction)