Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (adv) about, around (in the area or vicinity) "a few spectators standing about"; "hanging around"; "waited around for the next flight"
- S: (adv) around (by a circular or circuitous route) "He came all the way around the base"; "the road goes around the pond"
- S: (adv) about, around (used of movement to or among many different places or in no particular direction) "wandering about with no place to go"; "people were rushing about"; "news gets around (or about)"; "traveled around in Asia"; "he needs advice from someone who's been around"; "she sleeps around"
- S: (adv) around (in a circle or circular motion) "The wheels are spinning around"
- S: (adv) approximately, about, close to, just about, some, roughly, more or less, around, or so ((of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct) "lasted approximately an hour"; "in just about a minute"; "he's about 30 years old"; "I've had about all I can stand"; "we meet about once a month"; "some forty people came"; "weighs around a hundred pounds"; "roughly $3,000"; "holds 3 gallons, more or less"; "20 or so people were at the party"
- S: (adv) about, around (in or to a reversed position or direction) "about face"; "suddenly she turned around"
- S: (adv) around (to a particular destination either specified or understood) "she came around to see me"; "I invited them around for supper"
- S: (adv) about, around (all around or on all sides) "dirty clothes lying around (or about)"; "let's look about for help"; "There were trees growing all around"; "she looked around her"
- S: (adv) around (in circumference) "the trunk is ten feet around"; "the pond is two miles around"
- S: (adv) round, around (from beginning to end; throughout) "It rains all year round on Skye"; "frigid weather the year around"