Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) arm (a human limb; technically the part of the superior limb between the shoulder and the elbow but commonly used to refer to the whole superior limb)
- S: (n) arm, branch, limb (any projection that is thought to resemble a human arm) "the arm of the record player"; "an arm of the sea"; "a branch of the sewer"
- S: (n) weapon, arm, weapon system (any instrument or instrumentality used in fighting or hunting) "he was licensed to carry a weapon"
- S: (n) arm (the part of an armchair or sofa that supports the elbow and forearm of a seated person)
- S: (n) branch, subdivision, arm (a division of some larger or more complex organization) "a branch of Congress"; "botany is a branch of biology"; "the Germanic branch of Indo-European languages"
- S: (n) sleeve, arm (the part of a garment that is attached at the armhole and that provides a cloth covering for the arm)
- S: (v) arm, build up, fortify, gird (prepare oneself for a military confrontation) "The U.S. is girding for a conflict in the Middle East"; "troops are building up on the Iraqi border"
- S: (v) arm (supply with arms) "The U.S. armed the freedom fighters in Afghanistan"