Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) expect, anticipate (regard something as probable or likely) "The meteorologists are expecting rain for tomorrow"
- S: (v) anticipate, foresee, forestall, counter (act in advance of; deal with ahead of time)
- S: (v) anticipate, previse, foreknow, foresee (realize beforehand)
- S: (v) predict, foretell, prognosticate, call, forebode, anticipate, promise (make a prediction about; tell in advance) "Call the outcome of an election"
- S: (v) anticipate, look for, look to (be excited or anxious about)
- S: (v) anticipate (be a forerunner of or occur earlier than) "This composition anticipates Impressionism"