Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) aid, assistance, help (a person or thing that is a resource that helps make something easier or possible to do) "visual aids in teaching"; "his job was to give technical assistance over the phone"
- S: (n) aid, assist, assistance, help (the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose) "he gave me an assist with the housework"; "could not walk without assistance"; "rescue party went to their aid"; "offered his help in unloading"
- S: (n) aid, economic aid, financial aid, assistance, financial assistance, economic assistance (gift of money or other material help to support a person or cause) "economic assistance to depressed areas"
- S: (n) care, attention, aid, tending (the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something) "no medical care was required"; "the old car needs constant attention"
- S: (v) help, assist, aid (give help or assistance; be of service) "Everyone helped out during the earthquake"; "Can you help me carry this table?"; "She never helps around the house"
- S: (v) help, aid (improve the condition of) "These pills will help the patient"