Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) agency, federal agency, government agency, bureau, office, authority (an administrative unit of government) "the Central Intelligence Agency"; "the Census Bureau"; "Office of Management and Budget"; "Tennessee Valley Authority"
- S: (n) agency (a business or organization that provides a particular service, especially the mediation of transactions between two parties)
- S: (n) agency (the state of being in action or exerting power) "the agency of providence"; "she has free agency"
- S: (n) representation, delegacy, agency (the state of serving as an official and authorized delegate or agent)
- S: (n) means, agency, way (thing or person that acts to produce a particular effect or achieve an end) "a means of control"; "an example is the best agency of instruction"; "the true way to success"