Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) add (make an addition (to); join or combine or unite with others; increase the quality, quantity, size or scope of) "We added two students to that dorm room"; "She added a personal note to her letter"; "Add insult to injury"; "Add some extra plates to the dinner table"
- S: (v) add, append, supply (state or say further) "`It doesn't matter,' he supplied"
- S: (v) lend, impart, bestow, contribute, add, bring (bestow a quality on) "Her presence lends a certain cachet to the company"; "The music added a lot to the play"; "She brings a special atmosphere to our meetings"; "This adds a light note to the program"
- S: (v) add, add together (make an addition by combining numbers) "Add 27 and 49, please!"
- S: (v) total, tot, tot up, sum, sum up, summate, tote up, add, add together, tally, add up (determine the sum of) "Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town"
- S: (v) add (constitute an addition) "This paper will add to her reputation"