Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) action (something done (usually as opposed to something said)) "there were stories of murders and other unnatural actions"
- S: (n) action, activity, activeness (the state of being active) "his sphere of activity"; "he is out of action"
- S: (n) military action, action (a military engagement) "he saw action in Korea"
- S: (n) natural process, natural action, action, activity (a process existing in or produced by nature (rather than by the intent of human beings)) "the action of natural forces"; "volcanic activity"
- S: (n) action (the series of events that form a plot) "his novels always have a lot of action"
- S: (n) action (the trait of being active and energetic and forceful) "a man of action"
- S: (n) action, action mechanism (the operating part that transmits power to a mechanism) "the piano had a very stiff action"
- S: (n) legal action, action, action at law (a judicial proceeding brought by one party against another; one party prosecutes another for a wrong done or for protection of a right or for prevention of a wrong)
- S: (n) action (an act by a government body or supranational organization) "recent federal action undermined the segregationist position"; "the United Nations must have the power to propose and organize action without being hobbled by irrelevant issues"; "the Union action of emancipating Southern slaves"
- S: (n) action (the most important or interesting work or activity in a specific area or field) "the action is no longer in technology stocks but in municipal bonds"; "gawkers always try to get as close to the action as possible"