Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) acquit, assoil, clear, discharge, exonerate, exculpate (pronounce not guilty of criminal charges) "The suspect was cleared of the murder charges"
- direct troponym / full troponym
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- S: (v) pronounce, label, judge (pronounce judgment on) "They labeled him unfit to work here"
- S: (v) declare, adjudge, hold (declare to be) "She was declared incompetent"; "judge held that the defendant was innocent"
- S: (v) evaluate, pass judgment, judge (form a critical opinion of) "I cannot judge some works of modern art"; "How do you evaluate this grant proposal?"; "We shouldn't pass judgment on other people"
- S: (v) think, cogitate, cerebrate (use or exercise the mind or one's power of reason in order to make inferences, decisions, or arrive at a solution or judgments) "I've been thinking all day and getting nowhere"
- derivationally related form
- sentence frame
- S: (v) behave, acquit, bear, deport, conduct, comport, carry (behave in a certain manner) "She carried herself well"; "he bore himself with dignity"; "They conducted themselves well during these difficult times"