Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) admit, acknowledge (declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of) "He admitted his errors"; "She acknowledged that she might have forgotten"
- S: (v) acknowledge, receipt (report the receipt of) "The program committee acknowledged the submission of the authors of the paper"
- S: (v) notice, acknowledge (express recognition of the presence or existence of, or acquaintance with) "He never acknowledges his colleagues when they run into him in the hallway"; "She acknowledged his complement with a smile"; "it is important to acknowledge the work of others in one's own writing"
- S: (v) acknowledge, recognize, recognise (express obligation, thanks, or gratitude for) "We must acknowledge the kindness she showed towards us"
- S: (v) acknowledge (accept as legally binding and valid) "acknowledge the deed"
- S: (v) acknowledge, recognize, recognise, know (accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority) "The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne"; "We do not recognize your gods"