Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) accretion, accumulation (an increase by natural growth or addition)
- S: (n) accretion (something contributing to growth or increase) "he scraped away the accretions of paint"; "the central city surrounded by recent accretions"
- S: (n) accretion ((astronomy) the formation of a celestial object by the effect of gravity pulling together surrounding objects and gases)
- S: (n) accretion ((biology) growth by addition as by the adhesion of parts or particles)
- S: (n) accretion ((geology) an increase in land resulting from alluvial deposits or waterborne sediment)
- S: (n) accretion ((law) an increase in a beneficiary's share in an estate (as when a co-beneficiary dies or fails to meet some condition or rejects the inheritance))