Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) accounting (a convincing explanation that reveals basic causes) "he was unable to give a clear accounting for his actions"
- S: (n) accounting (a system that provides quantitative information about finances)
- S: (n) accountancy, accounting (the occupation of maintaining and auditing records and preparing financial reports for a business)
- S: (n) accounting, accounting system, method of accounting (a bookkeeper's chronological list of related debits and credits of a business; forms part of a ledger of accounts)
- S: (n) account, accounting, account statement (a statement of recent transactions and the resulting balance) "they send me an accounting every month"
- S: (v) account (be the sole or primary factor in the existence, acquisition, supply, or disposal of something) "Passing grades account for half of the grades given in this exam"
- S: (v) account, calculate (keep an account of)
- S: (v) report, describe, account (to give an account or representation of in words) "Discreet Italian police described it in a manner typically continental"
- S: (v) account, answer for (furnish a justifying analysis or explanation) "I can't account for the missing money"