Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) abstraction, abstract (a concept or idea not associated with any specific instance) "he loved her only in the abstract--not in person"
- S: (n) abstraction (the act of withdrawing or removing something)
- S: (n) abstraction, generalization, generalisation (the process of formulating general concepts by abstracting common properties of instances)
- S: (n) abstraction (an abstract painting)
- S: (n) abstractedness, abstraction (preoccupation with something to the exclusion of all else)
- S: (n) abstraction, abstract entity (a general concept formed by extracting common features from specific examples)