Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) abstraction, abstract (a concept or idea not associated with any specific instance) "he loved her only in the abstract--not in person"
- S: (n) outline, synopsis, abstract, precis (a sketchy summary of the main points of an argument or theory)
- S: (v) abstract (consider a concept without thinking of a specific example; consider abstractly or theoretically)
- S: (v) pilfer, cabbage, purloin, pinch, abstract, snarf, swipe, hook, sneak, filch, nobble, lift (make off with belongings of others)
- S: (v) abstract (consider apart from a particular case or instance) "Let's abstract away from this particular example"
- S: (v) abstract (give an abstract (of))
- S: (adj) abstract (existing only in the mind; separated from embodiment) "abstract words like `truth' and `justice'"
- S: (adj) abstract, abstractionist, nonfigurative, nonobjective (not representing or imitating external reality or the objects of nature) "a large abstract painting"
- S: (adj) abstract (dealing with a subject in the abstract without practical purpose or intention) "abstract reasoning"; "abstract science"