Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) absolute (something that is conceived or that exists independently and not in relation to other things; something that does not depend on anything else and is beyond human control; something that is not relative) "no mortal being can influence the absolute"
- S: (adj) absolute (perfect or complete or pure) "absolute loyalty"; "absolute silence"; "absolute truth"; "absolute alcohol"
- S: (adj) absolute, downright, out-and-out, rank, right-down, sheer (complete and without restriction or qualification; sometimes used informally as intensifiers) "absolute freedom"; "an absolute dimwit"; "a downright lie"; "out-and-out mayhem"; "an out-and-out lie"; "a rank outsider"; "many right-down vices"; "got the job through sheer persistence"; "sheer stupidity"
- S: (adj) absolute (not limited by law) "an absolute monarch"
- S: (adj) absolute (expressing finality with no implication of possible change) "an absolute guarantee to respect the nation's authority"
- S: (adj) absolute, infrangible, inviolable (not capable of being violated or infringed) "infrangible human rights"