Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) word (a unit of language that native speakers can identify) "words are the blocks from which sentences are made"; "he hardly said ten words all morning"
- S: (n) word (a brief statement) "he didn't say a word about it"
- S: (n) news, intelligence, tidings, word (information about recent and important events) "they awaited news of the outcome"
- S: (n) word (a verbal command for action) "when I give the word, charge!"
- S: (n) discussion, give-and-take, word (an exchange of views on some topic) "we had a good discussion"; "we had a word or two about it"
- S: (n) parole, word, word of honor (a promise) "he gave his word"
- S: (n) word (a string of bits stored in computer memory) "large computers use words up to 64 bits long"
- S: (n) Son, Word, Logos (the divine word of God; the second person in the Trinity (incarnate in Jesus))
- S: (n) password, watchword, word, parole, countersign (a secret word or phrase known only to a restricted group) "he forgot the password"
- S: (n) Bible, Christian Bible, Book, Good Book, Holy Scripture, Holy Writ, Scripture, Word of God, Word (the sacred writings of the Christian religions) "he went to carry the Word to the heathen"