Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) manner, mode, style, way, fashion (how something is done or how it happens) "her dignified manner"; "his rapid manner of talking"; "their nomadic mode of existence"; "in the characteristic New York style"; "a lonely way of life"; "in an abrasive fashion"
- S: (n) mode (a particular functioning condition or arrangement) "switched from keyboard to voice mode"
- S: (n) modality, mode (a classification of propositions on the basis of whether they claim necessity or possibility or impossibility)
- S: (n) mood, mode, modality (verb inflections that express how the action or state is conceived by the speaker)
- S: (n) mode, musical mode (any of various fixed orders of the various diatonic notes within an octave)
- S: (n) mode, modal value (the most frequent value of a random variable)