Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) English, English language (an Indo-European language belonging to the West Germanic branch; the official language of Britain and the United States and most of the commonwealth countries)
- S: (n) English, English people (the people of England)
- S: (n) English (the discipline that studies the English language and literature)
- S: (n) English, side ((sports) the spin given to a ball by striking it on one side or releasing it with a sharp twist)
- S: (adj) English (of or relating to or characteristic of England or its culture or people) "English history"; "the English landed aristocracy"; "English literature"
- S: (adj) English (of or relating to the English language)