Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) defy, resist, refuse (elude, especially in a baffling way) "This behavior defies explanation"
- S: (v) resist, hold out, withstand, stand firm (stand up or offer resistance to somebody or something)
- S: (v) protest, resist, dissent (express opposition through action or words) "dissent to the laws of the country"
- S: (v) resist, stand, fend (withstand the force of something) "The trees resisted her"; "stand the test of time"; "The mountain climbers had to fend against the ice and snow"
- S: (v) resist, reject, refuse (resist immunologically the introduction of some foreign tissue or organ) "His body rejected the liver of the donor"
- S: (v) resist, balk, baulk, jib (refuse to comply)