Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) impression, feeling, belief, notion, opinion (a vague idea in which some confidence is placed) "his impression of her was favorable"; "what are your feelings about the crisis?"; "it strengthened my belief in his sincerity"; "I had a feeling that she was lying"
- S: (n) impression, effect (an outward appearance) "he made a good impression"; "I wanted to create an impression of success"; "she retained that bold effect in her reproductions of the original painting"
- S: (n) mental picture, picture, impression (a clear and telling mental image) "he described his mental picture of his assailant"; "he had no clear picture of himself or his world"; "the events left a permanent impression in his mind"
- S: (n) depression, impression, imprint (a concavity in a surface produced by pressing) "he left the impression of his fingers in the soft mud"
- S: (n) stamp, impression (a symbol that is the result of printing or engraving) "he put his stamp on the envelope"
- S: (n) impression, printing (all the copies of a work printed at one time) "they ran off an initial printing of 2000 copies"
- S: (n) impression ((dentistry) an imprint of the teeth and gums in wax or plaster) "the dentist took an impression for use in preparing an inlay"
- S: (n) impression (an impressionistic portrayal of a person) "he did a funny impression of a politician"
- S: (n) impression (the act of pressing one thing on or into the surface of another) "he watched the impression of the seal on the hot wax"