Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) vein, vena, venous blood vessel (a blood vessel that carries blood from the capillaries toward the heart) "all veins except the pulmonary vein carry unaerated blood"
- S: (n) vein (a distinctive style or manner) "he continued in this vein for several minutes"
- S: (n) vein, nervure (any of the vascular bundles or ribs that form the branching framework of conducting and supporting tissues in a leaf or other plant organ)
- S: (n) vein, mineral vein (a layer of ore between layers of rock)
- S: (n) vein, nervure (one of the horny ribs that stiffen and support the wing of an insect)
- S: (v) vein (make a veinlike pattern)