Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) test, trial, run (the act of testing something) "in the experimental trials the amount of carbon was measured separately"; "he called each flip of the coin a new trial"
- S: (n) trial, trial run, test, tryout (trying something to find out about it) "a sample for ten days free trial"; "a trial of progesterone failed to relieve the pain"
- S: (n) test, trial (the act of undergoing testing) "he survived the great test of battle"; "candidates must compete in a trial of skill"
- S: (n) trial ((law) the determination of a person's innocence or guilt by due process of law) "he had a fair trial and the jury found him guilty"; "most of these complaints are settled before they go to trial"
- S: (n) trial ((sports) a preliminary competition to determine qualifications) "the trials for the semifinals began yesterday"
- S: (n) trial, tribulation, visitation (an annoying or frustrating or catastrophic event) "his mother-in-law's visits were a great trial for him"; "life is full of tribulations"; "a visitation of the plague"