Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) tiger (a fierce or audacious person) "he's a tiger on the tennis court"; "it aroused the tiger in me"
- S: (n) tiger, Panthera tigris (large feline of forests in most of Asia having a tawny coat with black stripes; endangered)
- direct hyponym / full hyponym
- member holonym
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- S: (n) big cat, cat (any of several large cats typically able to roar and living in the wild)
- S: (n) feline, felid (any of various lithe-bodied roundheaded fissiped mammals, many with retractile claws)
- S: (n) carnivore (a terrestrial or aquatic flesh-eating mammal) "terrestrial carnivores have four or five clawed digits on each limb"
- S: (n) placental, placental mammal, eutherian, eutherian mammal (mammals having a placenta; all mammals except monotremes and marsupials)
- S: (n) mammal, mammalian (any warm-blooded vertebrate having the skin more or less covered with hair; young are born alive except for the small subclass of monotremes and nourished with milk)
- S: (n) vertebrate, craniate (animals having a bony or cartilaginous skeleton with a segmented spinal column and a large brain enclosed in a skull or cranium)
- S: (n) chordate (any animal of the phylum Chordata having a notochord or spinal column)
- S: (n) animal, animate being, beast, brute, creature, fauna (a living organism characterized by voluntary movement)
- S: (n) organism, being (a living thing that has (or can develop) the ability to act or function independently)
- S: (n) living thing, animate thing (a living (or once living) entity)
- S: (n) whole, unit (an assemblage of parts that is regarded as a single entity) "how big is that part compared to the whole?"; "the team is a unit"
- S: (n) object, physical object (a tangible and visible entity; an entity that can cast a shadow) "it was full of rackets, balls and other objects"
- S: (n) physical entity (an entity that has physical existence)
- S: (n) entity (that which is perceived or known or inferred to have its own distinct existence (living or nonliving))