Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) thin (lose thickness; become thin or thinner)
- S: (v) thin (make thin or thinner) "Thin the solution"
- direct troponym / full troponym
- S: (v) draw (reduce the diameter of (a wire or metal rod) by pulling it through a die) "draw wire"
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- S: (v) reduce, cut down, cut back, trim, trim down, trim back, cut, bring down (cut down on; make a reduction in) "reduce your daily fat intake"; "The employer wants to cut back health benefits"
- S: (v) decrease, lessen, minify (make smaller) "He decreased his staff"
- S: (v) change, alter, modify (cause to change; make different; cause a transformation) "The advent of the automobile may have altered the growth pattern of the city"; "The discussion has changed my thinking about the issue"
- derivationally related form
- sentence frame
- S: (v) dilute, thin, thin out, reduce, cut (lessen the strength or flavor of a solution or mixture) "cut bourbon"
- S: (v) reduce, melt off, slim, slenderize, thin, slim down (take off weight)
- S: (adj) cut, thinned, weakened (mixed with water) "sold cut whiskey"; "a cup of thinned soup"