Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) manner, mode, style, way, fashion (how something is done or how it happens) "her dignified manner"; "his rapid manner of talking"; "their nomadic mode of existence"; "in the characteristic New York style"; "a lonely way of life"; "in an abrasive fashion"
- S: (n) expressive style, style (a way of expressing something (in language or art or music etc.) that is characteristic of a particular person or group of people or period) "all the reporters were expected to adopt the style of the newspaper"
- S: (n) style (a particular kind (as to appearance)) "this style of shoe is in demand"
- S: (n) vogue, trend, style (the popular taste at a given time) "leather is the latest vogue"; "he followed current trends"; "the 1920s had a style of their own"
- S: (n) style ((botany) the narrow elongated part of the pistil between the ovary and the stigma)
- S: (n) style (editorial directions to be followed in spelling and punctuation and capitalization and typographical display)
- S: (n) dash, elan, flair, panache, style (distinctive and stylish elegance) "he wooed her with the confident dash of a cavalry officer"
- S: (n) stylus, style (a pointed tool for writing or drawing or engraving) "he drew the design on the stencil with a steel stylus"
- S: (n) style (a slender bristlelike or tubular process) "a cartilaginous style"
- S: (v) style, title (designate by an identifying term) "They styled their nation `The Confederate States'"
- S: (v) style (make consistent with a certain fashion or style) "Style my hair"; "style the dress"
- S: (v) style (make consistent with certain rules of style) "style a manuscript"