Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) nip, nip off, clip, snip, snip off (sever or remove by pinching or snipping) "nip off the flowers"
- S: (v) snip, clip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut back (cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of) "dress the plants in the garden"
- direct troponym / full troponym
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- S: (v) thin out (make sparse) "thin out the young plants"
- S: (v) reduce, cut down, cut back, trim, trim down, trim back, cut, bring down (cut down on; make a reduction in) "reduce your daily fat intake"; "The employer wants to cut back health benefits"
- S: (v) decrease, lessen, minify (make smaller) "He decreased his staff"
- S: (v) change, alter, modify (cause to change; make different; cause a transformation) "The advent of the automobile may have altered the growth pattern of the city"; "The discussion has changed my thinking about the issue"
- derivationally related form
- sentence frame