Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) skedaddle (a hasty flight)
- S: (v) skedaddle (run away, as if in a panic)
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- S: (v) scat, run, scarper, turn tail, lam, run away, hightail it, bunk, head for the hills, take to the woods, escape, fly the coop, break away (flee; take to one's heels; cut and run) "If you see this man, run!"; "The burglars escaped before the police showed up"
- S: (v) leave, go forth, go away (go away from a place) "At what time does your train leave?"; "She didn't leave until midnight"; "The ship leaves at midnight"
- sentence frame