Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) relation (an abstraction belonging to or characteristic of two entities or parts together)
- S: (n) sexual intercourse, intercourse, sex act, copulation, coitus, coition, sexual congress, sexual relation, relation, carnal knowledge (sexual activity between individuals, especially the insertion of a man's penis into a woman's vagina until orgasm and ejaculation occur)
- direct hyponym / full hyponym
- S: (n) defloration (the act of depriving a woman of her virginity (especially by rupturing the hymen through sexual intercourse))
- S: (n) fuck, fucking, screw, screwing, ass, nooky, nookie, piece of ass, piece of tail, roll in the hay, shag, shtup (slang for sexual intercourse)
- S: (n) hank panky (illicit sexual intercourse)
- S: (n) penetration (the act (by a man) of inserting his penis into the vagina of a woman)
- S: (n) unlawful carnal knowledge, criminal congress (forbidden or tabu sexual intercourse between individuals)
- S: (n) extramarital sex, free love (sexual intercourse between individuals who are not married to one another)
- S: (n) incest (sexual intercourse between persons too closely related to marry (as between a parent and a child))
- part meronym
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- derivationally related form
- S: (n) relative, relation (a person related by blood or marriage) "police are searching for relatives of the deceased"; "he has distant relations back in New Jersey"
- S: (n) relation, telling, recounting (an act of narration) "he was the hero according to his own relation"; "his endless recounting of the incident eventually became unbearable"
- S: (n) relation back, relation ((law) the principle that an act done at a later time is deemed by law to have occurred at an earlier time) "his attorney argued for the relation back of the amended complaint to the time the initial complaint was filed"
- S: (n) relation ((usually plural) mutual dealings or connections among persons or groups) "international relations"