Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) regulation, ordinance (an authoritative rule)
- S: (n) rule, regulation (a principle or condition that customarily governs behavior) "it was his rule to take a walk before breakfast"; "short haircuts were the regulation"
- S: (n) regulation (the state of being controlled or governed)
- S: (n) regulation ((embryology) the ability of an early embryo to continue normal development after its structure has been somehow damaged or altered)
- S: (n) regulation, regularization, regularisation (the act of bringing to uniformity; making regular)
- S: (n) regulation, regulating (the act of controlling or directing according to rule) "fiscal regulations are in the hands of politicians"
- S: (adj) regulation (prescribed by or according to regulation) "regulation army equipment"