Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) contemplation, reflection, reflexion, rumination, musing, thoughtfulness (a calm, lengthy, intent consideration)
- S: (n) reflection, reflexion (the phenomenon of a propagating wave (light or sound) being thrown back from a surface)
- S: (n) expression, manifestation, reflection, reflexion (expression without words) "tears are an expression of grief"; "the pulse is a reflection of the heart's condition"
- S: (n) mirror image, reflection, reflexion (a likeness in which left and right are reversed)
- S: (n) reflection, reflexion (the image of something as reflected by a mirror (or other reflective material)) "he studied his reflection in the mirror"
- S: (n) reflection ((mathematics) a transformation in which the direction of one axis is reversed)
- S: (n) observation, reflection, reflexion (a remark expressing careful consideration)
- S: (n) reflection, reflexion, reflectivity (the ability to reflect beams or rays)