Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) supply, provide, render, furnish (give something useful or necessary to) "We provided the room with an electrical heater"
- S: (v) provide, supply, ply, cater (give what is desired or needed, especially support, food or sustenance) "The hostess provided lunch for all the guests"
- S: (v) provide (determine (what is to happen in certain contingencies), especially by including a proviso condition or stipulation) "The will provides that each child should receive half of the money"; "The Constitution provides for the right to free speech"
- S: (v) put up, provide, offer (mount or put up) "put up a good fight"; "offer resistance"
- S: (v) leave, allow for, allow, provide (make a possibility or provide opportunity for; permit to be attainable or cause to remain) "This leaves no room for improvement"; "The evidence allows only one conclusion"; "allow for mistakes"; "leave lots of time for the trip"; "This procedure provides for lots of leeway"
- S: (v) provide, bring home the bacon (supply means of subsistence; earn a living) "He provides for his large family by working three jobs"; "Women nowadays not only take care of the household but also bring home the bacon"
- S: (v) provide (take measures in preparation for) "provide for the proper care of the passengers on the cruise ship"