Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) poplar (soft light-colored non-durable wood of the poplar)
- S: (n) poplar, poplar tree (any of numerous trees of north temperate regions having light soft wood and flowers borne in catkins)
- direct hyponym / full hyponym
- member holonym
- substance meronym
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- S: (n) angiospermous tree, flowering tree (any tree having seeds and ovules contained in the ovary)
- S: (n) tree (a tall perennial woody plant having a main trunk and branches forming a distinct elevated crown; includes both gymnosperms and angiosperms)
- S: (n) woody plant, ligneous plant (a plant having hard lignified tissues or woody parts especially stems)
- S: (n) vascular plant, tracheophyte (green plant having a vascular system: ferns, gymnosperms, angiosperms)
- S: (n) plant, flora, plant life ((botany) a living organism lacking the power of locomotion)
- S: (n) organism, being (a living thing that has (or can develop) the ability to act or function independently)
- S: (n) living thing, animate thing (a living (or once living) entity)
- S: (n) whole, unit (an assemblage of parts that is regarded as a single entity) "how big is that part compared to the whole?"; "the team is a unit"
- S: (n) object, physical object (a tangible and visible entity; an entity that can cast a shadow) "it was full of rackets, balls and other objects"
- S: (n) physical entity (an entity that has physical existence)
- S: (n) entity (that which is perceived or known or inferred to have its own distinct existence (living or nonliving))