Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) pass, hand, reach, pass on, turn over, give (place into the hands or custody of) "hand me the spoon, please"; "Turn the files over to me, please"; "He turned over the prisoner to his lawyers"
- S: (v) impart, leave, give, pass on (transmit (knowledge or skills)) "give a secret to the Russians"; "leave your name and address here"; "impart a new skill to the students"
- S: (v) advance, progress, pass on, move on, march on, go on (move forward, also in the metaphorical sense) "Time marches on"
- S: (v) pass on (give to or transfer possession of) "She passed the family jewels on to her daughter-in-law"
- S: (v) relegate, pass on, submit (refer to another person for decision or judgment) "She likes to relegate difficult questions to her colleagues"
- S: (v) circulate, pass around, pass on, distribute (cause to be distributed) "This letter is being circulated among the faculty"
- S: (v) communicate, pass on, pass, pass along, put across (transmit information) "Please communicate this message to all employees"; "pass along the good news"