Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) discourtesy, offense, offence, offensive activity (a lack of politeness; a failure to show regard for others; wounding the feelings or others)
- S: (n) umbrage, offense, offence (a feeling of anger caused by being offended) "he took offence at my question"
- S: (n) offense, offence (a transgression that constitutes a violation of what is judged to be right)
- S: (n) offense, offence (the team that has the ball (or puck) and is trying to score)
- S: (n) offense, offence, offensive (the action of attacking an enemy)
- direct hyponym / full hyponym
- S: (n) counteroffensive (a large scale offensive (more than a counterattack) undertaken by a defending force to seize the initiative from an attacking force)
- S: (n) dirty war (an offensive conducted by secret police or the military of a regime against revolutionary and terrorist insurgents and marked by the use of kidnapping and torture and murder with civilians often being the victims) "thousands of people disappeared and were killed during Argentina's dirty war in the late 1970s"
- S: (n) rollback, push back (the act of forcing the enemy to withdraw)
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term