Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) matter, affair, thing (a vaguely specified concern) "several matters to attend to"; "it is none of your affair"; "things are going well"
- S: (n) topic, subject, issue, matter (some situation or event that is thought about) "he kept drifting off the topic"; "he had been thinking about the subject for several years"; "it is a matter for the police"
- S: (n) matter (that which has mass and occupies space) "physicists study both the nature of matter and the forces which govern it"
- S: (n) matter (a problem) "is anything the matter?"
- S: (n) matter ((used with negation) having consequence) "they were friends and it was no matter who won the games"
- S: (n) matter (written works (especially in books or magazines)) "he always took some reading matter with him on the plane"
- S: (v) count, matter, weigh (have weight; have import, carry weight) "It does not matter much"