Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) instrumentality, instrumentation (an artifact (or system of artifacts) that is instrumental in accomplishing some end)
- direct hyponym / full hyponym
- S: (n) ceramic (an artifact made of hard brittle material produced from nonmetallic minerals by firing at high temperatures)
- S: (n) connection, connexion, connector, connecter, connective (an instrumentality that connects) "he soldered the connection"; "he didn't have the right connector between the amplifier and the speakers"
- S: (n) container (any object that can be used to hold things (especially a large metal boxlike object of standardized dimensions that can be loaded from one form of transport to another))
- S: (n) conveyance, transport (something that serves as a means of transportation)
- S: (n) device (an instrumentality invented for a particular purpose) "the device is small enough to wear on your wrist"; "a device intended to conserve water"
- S: (n) equipment (an instrumentality needed for an undertaking or to perform a service)
- S: (n) furnishing ((usually plural) the instrumentalities (furniture and appliances and other movable accessories including curtains and rugs) that make a home (or other area) livable)
- S: (n) hardware, ironware (instrumentalities (tools or implements) made of metal)
- S: (n) implement (instrumentation (a piece of equipment or tool) used to effect an end)
- S: (n) means (an instrumentality for accomplishing some end)
- S: (n) system (instrumentality that combines interrelated interacting artifacts designed to work as a coherent entity) "he bought a new stereo system"; "the system consists of a motor and a small computer"
- S: (n) toiletry, toilet articles (artifacts used in making your toilet (washing and taking care of your body))
- S: (n) weaponry, arms, implements of war, weapons system, munition (weapons considered collectively)
- S: (n) medium (a means or instrumentality for storing or communicating information)
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- derivationally related form
- S: (n) instrumentation (the act of providing or using the instruments needed for some implementation)
- S: (n) instrumentation (the instruments called for in a musical score or arrangement for a band or orchestra)
- S: (n) orchestration, instrumentation (the act of arranging a piece of music for an orchestra and assigning parts to the different musical instruments)