Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) impression, feeling, belief, notion, opinion (a vague idea in which some confidence is placed) "his impression of her was favorable"; "what are your feelings about the crisis?"; "it strengthened my belief in his sincerity"; "I had a feeling that she was lying"
- S: (n) impression, effect (an outward appearance) "he made a good impression"; "I wanted to create an impression of success"; "she retained that bold effect in her reproductions of the original painting"
- S: (n) mental picture, picture, impression (a clear and telling mental image) "he described his mental picture of his assailant"; "he had no clear picture of himself or his world"; "the events left a permanent impression in his mind"
- S: (n) depression, impression, imprint (a concavity in a surface produced by pressing) "he left the impression of his fingers in the soft mud"
- S: (n) stamp, impression (a symbol that is the result of printing or engraving) "he put his stamp on the envelope"
- S: (n) impression, printing (all the copies of a work printed at one time) "they ran off an initial printing of 2000 copies"
- direct hyponym / full hyponym
- domain category
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- S: (n) publication (a copy of a printed work offered for distribution)
- S: (n) work, piece of work (a product produced or accomplished through the effort or activity or agency of a person or thing) "it is not regarded as one of his more memorable works"; "the symphony was hailed as an ingenious work"; "he was indebted to the pioneering work of John Dewey"; "the work of an active imagination"; "erosion is the work of wind or water over time"
- S: (n) product, production (an artifact that has been created by someone or some process) "they improve their product every year"; "they export most of their agricultural production"
- S: (n) creation (an artifact that has been brought into existence by someone)
- S: (n) artifact, artefact (a man-made object taken as a whole)
- S: (n) whole, unit (an assemblage of parts that is regarded as a single entity) "how big is that part compared to the whole?"; "the team is a unit"
- S: (n) object, physical object (a tangible and visible entity; an entity that can cast a shadow) "it was full of rackets, balls and other objects"
- S: (n) physical entity (an entity that has physical existence)
- S: (n) entity (that which is perceived or known or inferred to have its own distinct existence (living or nonliving))
- S: (n) impression ((dentistry) an imprint of the teeth and gums in wax or plaster) "the dentist took an impression for use in preparing an inlay"
- S: (n) impression (an impressionistic portrayal of a person) "he did a funny impression of a politician"
- S: (n) impression (the act of pressing one thing on or into the surface of another) "he watched the impression of the seal on the hot wax"